When it comes to the Gospel we often believe that we shouldn’t need nor seek any perspective or views outside the Church circle for how to best live and implement its doctrines and principles. For coach Heather Rasband embracing the teachings of life coaching did just the opposite.
On today’s episode she shares how the tools of life coaching have deepened her understanding of the gospel and allowed her to live it more fully. She has been able to learn to love herself more, love others more, and truly live a more Christ like life. She wants those same blessings for all of her clients so come listen as she imparts her wisdom of more fully understanding and living the gospel through life coaching.
- We already are the person we want to become, we’ve just covered that person up with all the things that have happened to us in our lives. I help people uncover themselves.
- Many may fear life coaching and think it could take them away from the gospel but for many it’s done the opposite. It has helped the gospel come alive and deepened their testimonies.
- The Plan of Happiness wasn’t made for people who don’t make mistakes but actually for all of us who do make mistakes.
- Believing in the gospel is a choice. You can always make the choice to believe.
- Judgement versus discernment. When we are in judgment we are determining what others or ourselves are doing as right or wrong. When we are in discernment we are deciding between what we want to do or don’t want to do.
- Other’s actions have nothing to do with our agency. We will always get to choose how we show up.
- The result we always want is a relationship that is intact. That holds true for a marriage relationship, a parent-child relationship, and a friend relationship.
- Learning to love someone who doesn’t believe what you do and trying to see things from their perspective can be such a bridge in relationships.
- How do you view the “natural man” in your life and do you think it’s an “evil” part of you?
- What did you think of Heather’s differentiation of “judgement” versus “discernment”? How would things change for you if you were able to discern more than judge?
- What is your personal take on agency? How could you use it better the way Heather talked about it?