60% of women struggle with their mother-in-law. That’s a staggering statistic surrounding the feelings women have about the woman who raised their husband. Why is the relationship between mother and daughter-in-law such a strained one? Is there hope for having a good relationship in this area – or with any in-law for that matter? Today on the podcast coach Minda Pacheco shares a secret to having great in-law relationships and how following this secret has opened herself up to a world full of love. If you struggle with any in-law relationship, you don’t want to miss this podcast.
- Working with family members can be hard but it’s worth it because our relationships are eternal.
- Over 60% of women struggle with their mother-in-law.
- We often have expectations in the mother-in-law and daughter-in-law relationship and when those aren’t met, feelings get hurt.
- Women often don’t like to have difficult conversations and as a result, there is a lot of resentment that builds up and it just builds and builds to a point of unhappiness for everyone.
- There’s no one size fits all story when it comes to the in-law relationship.
- One of the ways to heal your in-law relationships is to heal yourself. When you can love yourself, you can love anyone else.
- The feeling of love comes from within us. Others can’t give us the feelings of love. Loving is an inside job.
- All our adult children need from us is support and unconditional love.
- The secret to being a good mother-in-law is to open your eyes – look for ways to love, serve, and be the biggest cheerleader you can be – and close your mouth when we want to say anything that is tied to any expectation.
- Learning to love the difficult people in your life can end up being the greatest blessing.
- Is there a particular in-law relationship that is difficult for you? Why is it difficult and what have you done to try to make it better?
- If you are a mother-in-law that is struggling with a daughter-in-law, can you see the things you have done that have created contention in the relationship? If you are a daughter-in-law struggling with a mother-in-law, can you see the things you have done that have created contention in the relationship? How does it feel to take ownership of the contention?
- What mental energy would be freed up for you if you committed to just loving your in-law?
Click HERE to join us Thursday,September 2nd at 2pm CDT on the Clubhouse app. This gives you the opportunity to learn more on this topic and to speak directly with Minda and ask her questions on this topic.