We all have to eat in order to live, but of all the relationships we have in our lives, the majority of us have a very unhealthy relationship with the food we eat. We are constantly labeling foods as either “good” or “bad” and if we eat certain foods that do things to our body, then we also must be “good” or “bad”. But Heavenly Father doesn’t love us based on the foods we eat or the size of our bodies. Worth has nothing to do with body shape or if we look good in the latest fashion style.
Obsessing over food and our bodies is a huge tool of Satan that he uses to distract us from using our time and energy to really focus on the things that matter, seek to feel the love of God in our lives, and to feel peace instead of shame, disgust, and regret.
Today on the podcast, Coach Brigette Little discusses how when we can stop being so critical of our bodies but instead learn to use them as a partner in achieving the life we want. This is an episode all women should listen to.
- We all too often project what we think about our bodies onto what others think about us and our bodies.
- We have a belief in our culture that we can do anything we want to as a woman, but we have to look a certain way doing it.
- There are some real fears going into intuitive eating and trusting yourself and the cues your body gives. The biggest fear is that you will go out of control in your eating.
- When you detach your personal value and worth from your body type, then you are able to detach that stipulation from others as well.
- IN our lives we often see ourselves from the outside perspective instead of being inside our bodies having the experience in the moment.
- When our true self and our body self start really listening ot one another, a true partnership forms.
- Body diversity is a real thing.
- How do you feel about your body? What do you think it will take for you to love it?
- What do you believe is the solution for you to escape the mentality of diet culture?
- How would your life change if you could come to peace with food in your life?